As much for the benefit of my own memory as for yours, I briefly detail here the drum counter reset procedure for the Brother HL 5030 laser printer (and probably most of the HL 5xxx range).
The HL 5030 has an internal counter which basically registers pages printed (apparently with weighting for cold and hot starts). This counter can be reset when replacing a drum or if you just want to run your existing drum into the ground (the HL 5030 is an older model now).
Counter Reset Procedure.
- Power on (Drum light should be flashing).
- Open the toner cartridge access door (big door on the front).
- Remove the toner cartridge by pulling on it.
- Reinsert the toner cartridge (give it a good shove).
- Press and hold the ‘GO’ button for about four seconds. The led indicators should come on one-by-one in amber. Once they are all on, release the ‘GO’ button.
- Close the toner cartridge access door.
The reset procedure is now complete.
Thank you! It worked!
I disagree with the premise of this post but I still think its really informative. I still really like your writing style. Keep up the good work.
I liked your article I thought it was quite fasinating. Do you have any other posts like this one? If you have I certainly want to check them out.